Friday, January 21, 2011

Heading home...

Currently, we are sitting in the Red Chilli Hideaway cafeteria... eating breakfast and waiting for our driver Fred to come pick us up to head to the airport. There are mixed emotions as we prepare to travel home. Having just had an incredible experience on safari... with truly breathtaking moments... some of us are ready to get home, and others are sad to be leaving so soon. While up at Murchison Falls, we went on a game drive and saw lions, giraffes, hippos, crocodiles, elephants, and more! We hiked to the Falls and spent some time cruising the Nile. It was so beautiful and I think everyone is thankful we had the opportunity and took the time to do it.

As I leave Uganda, I am thankful for the work God has done in me during this trip. I sense an awakening in my spirit that I have been longing for for some time now. I deeply love the work Fount of Mercy is doing here, and am grateful for the opportunity to be on staff with such incredible women. I learned much about the deaf culture in Uganda and was blessed by the sweet students we worked with. Here's to the next season of preparing teams/individuals to travel here this summer to work with Fount.... any of you want to go? =)

I have lots of thoughts in my head... as do the rest of my fellow team members. I imagine we'll all continue to blog for the next couple weeks and upload some pictures. =)

Love to you all... we're on our way home! Entebbe to Dubai, Dubai to San Francisco, and San Francisco to Reno... here we go!

~Rebecca Brown

2 comments:

  1. How awesome God has been to all of you and the Uganda people that got to experience this with you! Your experience has blessed us! Love to all of you, we will see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love looking at the pictures. I can see God's love flowing from you and spilling out onto others!:)

    ReplyDelete